Posts

Climax Locomotive

Looking back: Superior Coal and Improvement Co. locomotive

Published in the Issaquah Press on July 14, 1999

Climax Locomotive

Superior Coal and Improvement Co.’s Climax locomotive circa 1910. [IHM photo]

This 1910 photograph shows the Superior Coal and Improvement Co.’s Climax locomotive that was used to haul coal from the mines south of Goode’s Corner to a connector with the Northern Pacific Railroad. The connection was located near what is now the intersection between Rainier and Gilman Boulevards. As someone has observed in hand writing over time, Victoria Ek is standing second from the left in front of the engineer’s cab. Ek was the city’s treasurer in 191.

Freight truck circa 1920

Looking back: Issaquah & Seattle Freight Co. Truck

Published in the Issaquah Press on July 21, 1999

Freight truck circa 1920

Issaquah & Seattle Freight Co. truck circa 1920

Here’s a look at one of the early trucks belonging to the Issaquah & Seattle Freight Co. The truck is parked along the old Sunset Highway (now State Route 900) near Goode’s Corner circa 1920.

Seattle Sky Sports plane flying over the Eastside.

Issaquah’s Skyport

Another in a series of clips from Issaquah’s Oral History Video Project. Issaquah History Museums Director Erica Maniez relates the history of Issaquah’s Skyport between 1945 and 1961. The Skyport was a part of Issaquah until the early 1980s.

The full-length video can be purchased at our website.