William Day worked on Mine Hill (Squak Mountain) during the boom times of Issaquah’s mining days. In 1914, he built this house for his son, Frank, and Frank’s new wife, Alberta. Their daughters June and Alice were born here.
World War 1 took Frank to Alaska as a truck driver. To provide added income, Alberta converted part of the sweeping front porch into a bathroom and turned the spacious home into a boarding house. She lived in this same home until her death.