https://www.issaquahhistory.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/92-24-6.jpg 532 950 admin https://www.issaquahhistory.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Issaquah-History-Museums1.png admin2015-12-18 09:31:032015-12-18 09:45:34Looking back: Tibbetts Hotel and Store
With the recent completion of the second Issaquah Park-n-Ride lot along State Route 900 just south of Interstate 90, now is a good time to examine the history of that area. It previously was known as Goode’s Corner. This photo shows George W. Tibbetts Hotel and Store, which was built in 1884 and served as the local stage stop and overnight resting place. It was a popular locale until it was destroyed by fire in July 1900.
Published in the Issaquah Press on June 23, 1999