The press is beginning a new Looking Back series featuring photographs of the Pickering Farm. The farm was acquired in 1867 by William Pickering, Sr. , the territorial governor of Washington Territory. The farm was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. The nine remaining acres of the farm and buildings are owned by the City of Issaquah and are designated one of Issaquah’s 35 city treasures.
Published in the Issaquah Press on September 27, 2000
In this 1911 photo, Charlie Baxter is driving the three-horse team corn harvester, harvesting corn which appears to be about 10-feet-tall. The man at the right is believed to be a salesman holding up a bundle of harvested corn.