Looking back: Lewis Hardware

Published in the Issaquah Press on August 11, 1999

Lewis Hardware

Lewis Hardware [IHM photo]

This photo depicts the original Lewis Hardware Building, which was located on the west side of Front Street near the present day Dogwood Street. The hardware shop moved in 1921 to its current location at 95 Front Street North. In the early days of the business, J.J. Lewis was joined by a Mr. White. They provided furniture and performed carpentry work in addition to hardware sales