The Issaquah Volunteer Fire Department Hall once was one of the community’s most important gathering places. Located where the current library building is now, the hall was a site of numerous Saturday night dances and its basement served as an indoor gun range. The structure was built in 1933 of lumber donated by the Wood and Iverson Mill in Hobart. The lumber was something of a reward to the fire department which had fought a big fire at the mill that torched everything before firefighters could control it—–except the lumber supply. The building was torn down in the 1960’s.
Published in the Issaquah Press on February 2, 2000
https://www.issaquahhistory.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Volunteer_Fire_Hall.jpg 147 240 admin https://www.issaquahhistory.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Issaquah-History-Museums1.png admin2015-12-17 17:14:022015-12-17 17:14:02Looking back: Issaquah Volunteer Fire Department Hall