https://www.issaquahhistory.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/railroad_bridge_to_coal_mines_on_mine_hill.jpg 243 390 admin https://www.issaquahhistory.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Issaquah-History-Museums1.png admin2015-12-17 16:47:282015-12-17 16:47:28Looking back: Bridge - circa 1910
During the next few weeks, we’ll look back at some of the community’s better known railroad bridges. In 1910, this bridge was built across the Issaquah Creek near the present-day hatchery. The tracks went from the main line at the depot to the mines on Mine Hill, then looped around to rejoin the main line just behind the existing apartment building at 850 Front St. S. What appears to be a hand car is on the bridge, above the second pillar from the left. In 1923, the rails were removed and the ‘Issaquah loop’ was no longer used. The bridges remained for many years, however.
Published in the Issaquah Press on April 5, 2000