Nick’s Shop

Nick's Shop

July 1999 Photo by David Bangs

Nick Schroeder built this shop as a general fix-it workshop in the 1920’s. The lumber was provided by Nick’s brother in Fall City.

The building had an attached blacksmith shop with a combination post drill, whet stone, and post stand grinder operated by a single electrical motor through a combination of changing belts and gears believe to be one of a kind.

During the Depression, Nick repaired the town’s bicycles, cars, logging gear and just about everything else with tools he often improvised himself.

Nick’s Shop was simply moved across the road to be connected to the Pedegana House in 1977.