Who We Are
The Issaquah History Museums work to discover, preserve and share the history and heritage of Issaquah and the surrounding area. Founded in 1972, the organization operates two museums in downtown Issaquah, cares for a collection of more than 35,000 artifacts and photos, and provides a variety of public programs.
What We Need
Volunteers contribute more than 5,000 hours to the Issaquah History Museums annually. They make it possible for us to maintain museum open hours, provide guided tours and kids’ programming, and care for our facilities. We’re looking for an energetic team member who can work closely with, and increase the number of, our corps of volunteers in order to further our mission in the community.
- Facilitate Museum Operations
- Train, supervise, and support the volunteers who staff the museums.
- Work with volunteers to solve maintenance and facilities issues that impact museum operations.
- Track visitor information.
- Volunteer Recruitment & Retention:
- Recruit new volunteers through social media, targeted ads, presentations, and other means.
- Cultivate and highlight the efforts of current volunteers.
- With staff assistance, plan and execute the annual Volunteer Awards Night.
- Programs & Events:
- Conduct and schedule group tours of both museums.
- Coordinate Hands-on History Days and Heritage Day activities.
- Plan and develop new family-friendly programming.
- Collaborate with schools, service groups, social clubs and other community groups.
- Provide operational and project support where needed.
Salary: $18-$20 an hour, depending on experience. Benefits include vacation pay, sick leave, flexible scheduling, and professional development.
Schedule: 20 hours a week; work schedule will include Saturdays and Sundays.
Reporting: Reports to the Museum Director. Performance will be evaluated annually.
- Excellent customer service and personal relation skills.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to collaborate with a team to achieve shared goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Efficiency and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain a flexible work-style.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn new systems.
- Must have a current Washington State driver’s license and access to a vehicle (mileage reimbursed).
- Experience working with non-profit organizations.
- Experience with QuickBooks, MailChimp, EventBrite or Little Green Light.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Issaquah History Museums is committed to a building and supporting a diverse workforce. All employment decisions at the Issaquah History Museums are based on community needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. People of color, people with disabilities, other underrepresented communities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
By March 22, email or mail your resume and cover letter to:
Issaquah History Museums
P.O. Box 695
Issaquah, WA 98027
No phone calls, please.