In 1963, Irving Petite, a Tiger Mountain resident since 1941, publishes a book called “Mister B,” about the orphaned bear he took in. Petite authored a number of other books inspired by his life on Tiger Mountain. #Issaquah125
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud IssqErica contributed a whooping 257 entries.
Entries by IssqErica
In 1961, Pastor Hendrickson of the Community Baptist Church has a hair-raising experience. #Issaquah125
The Issaquah police and community residents didn’t doubt the Reverend’s tale, or the rattle at the end of it. Click to read more about the snake that made hisssssstory!
Join Collections Manager Julie Hunter for a deep dive into one of our latest artifacts – a wedding quilt from 1904.
Part II: The story of Willa Stevenson Eastlick’s 1904 wedding quilt, continued.
Part III: The story of Willa Stevenson Eastlick’s 1904 wedding quilt, continued.
Part IV: The story of Willa Stevenson Eastlick’s 1904 wedding quilt, continued.
Before Lake Sammamish State Park existed, land on the banks of Lake Sammamish belonged to local farming families. Learn more about the land that became the park in this article.
In addition to being one of the founding members of the Issaquah Historical Society (today’s Issaquah History Museums), Harriet Fish was a writer who researched and recorded the stories of her fellow Issaquahns. She and her husband, Edwards Fish, wrote mostly about Issaquah’s distant history. But Harriet Fish also enjoyed recording Issaquah as it was […]
In 2010, volunteers from the Western Division of the Northern Pacific Railway Historical Association stopped by to talk about a project they were working on. They were in the midst of sorting through the Jim Frederickson collection, some of which dealt with the railroad in Issaquah. They generously offered to loan out the items so that we […]
MUSEUM HOURS & LOCATION
Gilman Town Hall
165 SE Andrews Street
Open Thurs-Fr-Sat, 11am-3pm
Issaquah Depot Museum
78 First Avenue NE
Open Fri-Sat-Sun, 11am-3pm
Issaquah Valley Trolley
78 First Avenue NE
Open May 9, 2015