Entries by admin


In 1932, Stella May Alexander, Issaquah’s first woman mayor, is elected. #Issaquah125


In 1932, the last rodeo – a tradition since the 1910s – is held at Memorial Field. #Issaquah125


In 1930, following the crash of 1929, the nation is plunged into a Great Depression. Like others nationwide, Issaquah residents are impacted by the Depression in a variety of ways. #Issaquah125


In 1929, the Kiwanis Club of Issaquah is formed in 1929 – and continues to service the Issaquah community to this day. #Issaquah125


In 1928, Henry Bergsma founds the Issaquah Valley Dairy, which delivered milk throughout the area until the dairy farm closed in 1962.. #Issaquah125


In 1927, this group of Issaquah High thespians poses for a picture. Stage make-up and costuming suggest that the play may have featured pirates or gypsies – or both. #Issaquah125


The IHS Exhaust was a regular publication of Issaquah High School. This 1926 issue publicizes an upcoming concert, discusses school spirit, and reminds students of appropriate stairway safety, among other topics. #Issaquah125


By 1925, the Issaquah Depot is closed to passenger service, largely because automobiles are becoming more widespread. One stage, operated by Lorenzo Francis, has a regular stop in front of the Grand Central Hotel. #Issaquah125


In 1924, Andy Wold opens his hardware store in the Wold Building. The Wold Building still exists today, on the northeastern corner of Front & Sunset. #Issaquah125